After our little lake hike, we got to take Zach rock climbing for the first time. He was so excited! It wasn't terribly steep, but was a decent height (especially for a 4 year old!). Once it was all set up he cruised right up and did a great job. I was so proud!
![]() |
| Pete belayed him and Grandad Cal waited at the top |
![]() |
| I know that he was harnessed in and that he should be safe and everything, but I was certainly relieved when Jay decided to follow him up. (thanks Jay!) |
![]() |
| Almost there |
![]() |
| He made it! Look at that smile. |
![]() |
| He got nervous once he was at the top and realized he had to get back down. It took a little coaxing, but he and Jay were able to repel back down |
![]() |
| The Smith Family overlooking Lake Donner |










5 comments:
A natural! Although we all know that Austin is the more instinctual climber.
All these pictures from labor day are really jazzing me up for the big thanksgiving rendezvous.
Double comment... you need a girlfriend badly.
Don't discourage those double comments Butch! I live for those!
That said, Jay likes the one of him and Zach on the top of the rock the best.
I like the black and white one and I think you are on to something with the distant family photo - less difficult to find a photo without half-closed eyes.
Somehow I missed seeing this climb until now. Wow, Zach, you are a climbing machine. I remember Emily being a natural as well.
Post a Comment