Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas

We had a lovely Christmas this year.  We always feel so blessed and spoiled. 


A Christmas Eve picture of the boys.  This was as good as it got.


Zach is such a fun fun age for Christmas.  He was so excited.  He is really funny with his Santa requests.  All he wanted this year were "small beads for making robots." 
Done.


Austin giving Zach some random loves.


Big pencils!


Austin is still a bit overwhelmed with it all.  He opens one present and just wants to play with that one present.  It was almost a challenge to get him to open everything.  He had fun though and loves all of his new toys.



Zach has been into super heroes lately. 

 "Hey Mom, I could lift this whole house if I wanted to!  I'm so strong, aren't I Mom?" 

His definition of a superhero outfit is superhero themed underwear, jeans, socks with a stripe on them, and a stripey shirt.  Funny boy!  I thought it was time for him to have a cape and mask too. 
 Super Zach!


We all got an Xbox Kinect from the Smiths for Christmas.  I was so anti-video game, but this has been so fun.  I love that your body is the controller, so you have to jump and duck and move around to play the games.  It has been so perfect on cold and dark afternoons and evenings when the boys are restless (which is what we intended).  It does a good job of wearing Zach out, which is no easy task.  His favorite is a river rafting game.  Austin still doesn't get it, but I'm sure he'll love it someday.


In the afternoon we headed to my parents' house for Christmas #2.  The boys needed to get outside, so we were going to take them sledding.  But they ran out in the backyard, so we just played out there. 



We built a large sledding hill in the backyard.  The initial plan was to build it as high as the deck, but we made it to the top of the picnic table on the deck.  The boys loved it.





We had a wonderful Christmas and hope you did too!

4 comments:

Liana Brown said...

Looks like such a fun Christmas! The sledding looks so fun too! Wish we had some snow to play in too!

Rosie + Jay said...

Oh my goodness! That photo of Zach with his robot beads is the BEST Christmas-present-opening photo EVER. Just the boost I needed on a Friday afternoon at 3:00.

Can always count on Butch to make a great sledding run.

Peter said...

Ha! What a laugh! The beads picture is so funny and heartwarming.

What are those strange booties Zach is wearing while playing xbox?

A home-made sledding hill!? That's initiative and creative problem solving! Bravo!

Emily said...

Pete, those are some mocassin slippers. They are great.