Summer has been busy so far, and out of laziness I'm not going to separate all these pictures into different posts. Sorry for the long post! There are so many little things I want to remember. So here is a long glimpse of some of the day to day things we've been up to.
Zach took swim lessons at our neighborhood pool. He did great and should have been in the next more advanced class. It was 4 days a week for 2 weeks. It was a bit intense to go to the pool every day, but it was fun. He loved it and we are looking forward to the next class which starts up next week.
I was nervous about how Austin would do during the lessons, as he loves the water. I had taken him with me to Zach's lessons at the Louisville Rec Center when he was younger and he would throw major fits wanting to get in too. He did really really well and was content to hang out with me on the side. (I was so relieved!) He would sit and watch and eat snacks and play with the chairs. He is so mechanical minded and fascinated with how things work, so he would put the chair up, then down, up and down, messing with the adjustment on the back. When he put it up he would say, "There! I fix it! Look mom!" He is also obsessed with keys and locks and anything that opens and closes.
I think it also helped a lot that most days we would get to go swimming after the lessons were over. I purposely signed up for the last class time before open swim so that we could stay and play. We had a lot of fun and it was a good way to get us there.
Playing at the park.
I found the boys one morning in Austin's room behind the chair reading books together. Zach was reading books to Austin and it was so adorable. I asked Zach what he was doing and he told me, "I'm just playing with my brudder (brother)."
I've gotten to do some early morning (6am) mountain bike rides. We have an amazing trail about a mile from our house. I've got a couple of girl friends that I also get out with when we can coordinate. So fun!
It has been a ridiculously hot summer, with abnormally high temperatures early in the year. I'm no fan of hot weather, so some days we play a lot in the basement during the hot times of day.
Blocks and cars
And basketball
Zach would make a basket and yell, "Zach scoooores!"
Trips to the library
Playing with friends
Painting pictures for Cal for Father's Day.
Somehow Austin ended up naked...
Zach often sings little songs while he is concentrating on something. He especially does this while working on art projects by himself, or while building blocks.
Among the many fires in Colorado, there was one above Boulder. My parents were in a pre-evacuation area. They packed up lots of things and I went and got a load to bring to my house. We were anxious for a few days as the news kept mentioning that it could turn into a fire like in Colorado Springs, which burned about 350 houses. We were so so grateful that the fire didn't get too bad and never really came down the front of the mountain. There were a lot of circumstances that came together in our favor.
The view from near my house
View driving into Boulder. You can kind of see the smokey canyons at the top of the mountains and going off to the right.
We've had fun with the boys playing on the balance bike and scooter. They have been improving and it is fun to see them try new things.




























No comments:
Post a Comment