Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Ski Days

I realized that I never posted anything about our skiing this year, and wanted to before I forget everything...

After Christmas we headed to Reno for a week to spend some time with the whole Smith family.  I grumbled a lot about hauling all of our ski stuff on the plane with us, but I'm glad we did.  The whole Smith clan got to ski together, minus Calli who was on baby duty at the bottom.  Here we are at Mt. Rose.  Oz did pretty well, but didn't last too long and was happy to go play with Grandma at the bottom after awhile.  Zach was a trouper and skied everything the rest of us did.  That being said, the snow was no good and not much was open at the time.  But he was fearless of going to the top and did a great job!


Love family ski days!!

Zach improved tons this year and skied some pretty steep stuff without trouble.  He got a lot more confident in his turns and didn't hesitate.



We also went up to Winter Park with my parents for a long weekend.  The snow was amazing and we had a great time!

Super Bowl Sunday.  We faithfully all wore Broncos shirts while we skied.  Too bad it didn't help...
My parents and I took Zach up one of the days when Austin and Cal stayed at the condo.  We made the mistake of getting into some intermediate terrain that was simply not steep enough to keep speed up.  So we ended up doing a ton of pushing ourselves with our poles and pulling Zach.  He didn't seem to mind, but it was an extra workout for us!  Finally we found a better area that was steeper more skiable.  Zach liked going fast, and most of all finding every possible tree trail and jump.  He loved it!


Some of the tree trails ended up getting stuck in the (fabulous) powder.

The boys were so excited about skiing that they had their skis on in the parking lot.

Oz loved going fast, and improved skiing on his own, but still loved skiing between our legs best.  He's got great balance, but it's a lot of work for those little legs!

No comments: