Wednesday, September 10, 2008

One Year Photos

Why oh why, when I have taken a BAZILION photos of Zach would I take him to get his pictures taken??? Good question. I guess I was just hoping they could catch him better now that he is not exactly good at holding still for me. He kept trying to run off the little stage there, too. (imagine that?) I have to say I wasn't totally impressed with their work. The pictures seem really dark. And the photographer didn't take very many pictures or much time. Is it just me??? Am I a photo snob? It's not like I'm that great. In any case, we got a few good ones:





And here, I photoshopped quickly just to fix the lighting in a few- what looks better to you?

Just wondering...

But isn't he cute?

11 comments:

Joe said...

I think your pictures are better, Em. Good work with the photoshop.

cynthia said...

Maybe now you'll believe me that, yes, you really are that good! :)

Katie said...

You're right, those photos are WAY too dark. It's alright to be a photo snob...but be ready to pay way more for photos.

But he's adorable either way.

Emily said...

Yeah, maybe I was disappointed because I looked at the $500+ per session photographers first, and that's what I really want. HA! WAY too expensive.

Alycia said...

Even in "bad" pictures, he is still just darling! What a great smile!

Colin G said...

your pics are waaayyyy better.

I totally thought that it was way to early to see anything but the doctor seemed really offended that I would suggest that. he was like "I do a lot of these". whatever dude!

Afterward Colin suggested that we send you the pictures to see if they are good are not! He was like, maybe emily can tell us if she sees anything!

I totally wish you could scan me too! how fun!

Natalee said...

You are a good photographer, but he is so cute it is hard to take a bad pic of him. I like your photoshopped ones better.

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

He is adorable, but I agree that I feel most picture studios just aren't worth it for the headache! People might think I am a horrible mother to learn that I have NEVER, not once, taken Carter to a photo studio to have his pictures taken. I have gotten professional pics taken twice (the week after he was born and for his first birthday), but only outdoor and in natural light through a window. You take gorgeous photos anyway, Em, and although he makes these pictures adorable, you can do just as well or better actually! I always notice that you do great using what light you have to get awesome pictures of Zachie.

Jennifer said...

You've got a great eye for photography Emily. I can't believe he's a year old!

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

What adorable pictures! Gosh Zachey is growing up so fast. But yeah they are a bit dark. I've been disappointed with photo studios myself...we've found our own pics are even better.

Haley Poulos said...

Okay, so I've been thinking a lot about these pictures! I think they're GREAT photos.... if you don't have a super-discerning eye for things like this. Your average person would be thrilled with these shots! But you, my dear Russian photographer, are above-average, so you cannot expect to be thrilled with great photos. You will be thrilled with EXTRAORDINARY photos, because you yourself are above average. You pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?