Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Paradise

For Christmas the Smith's took the whole family to Oahu for a week. It was such a treat and fun to spend a whole week together- our schedules usually don't allow that! The weather was a little rainy, but we still had a great time and got in plenty of beaching. Thanks Calli and Calvin for a wonderful vacation!!!
I'll have to warn you, there are a LOT of pictures. For Christmas Cal surprised me with a new lens for my camera, and combine that with a gorgeous place that's green and lush and nothing like home, and some free time... (true free time, what's that?) Well, you get the idea. I went a little nuts. I'm going to post mainly family-related pictures here, and mostly "pretty" pictures on my photo blog. So it you want, check that out too.
Don't say I didn't warn you. :)
(in no particular order)

The family
Smith Family Oahu
The kids. Note Zach going for my hair.
IMG_3233copy
Fun with Grandma Calli
IMG_3096copy
And Grandad Cal
IMG_2620copy

The plan was to hike to a waterfall. But it RAINED. So we explored this arboretum for awhile. Gorgeous!
IMG_2664copy

Jay and Rosie
IMG_2675copy
Yes, a picture of me!
IMG_2677copy
Rain, rain, rain.
IMG_2626copy
The sun came out.
IMG_2657copy
Experimenting with Toby's super wide angle lens. (thanks Toby!)
IMG_2686copy

Cal and I got a little date one afternoon. It was so nice!
IMG_2858copy

IMG_2864copy

IMG_2871copy


IMG_2893copy


Uncle Pete's first babysitting job. (thanks!) Zach was smitten by him and they were best buds the whole week ("Hee-haw"- Zach's attempt at Peter's name). We came back to find him giving Peter loves.
IMG_2901copy

IMG_2943copy
With Grandad and Grandma
IMG_2952copy

IMG_2701copy
"Tree! Tree! Tree!" This was a cool enough tree for a new word.
IMG_3064copy
What little boy doesn't love to splash in puddles?
IMG_3079copy
Zach and his buddy, Pete
IMG_3168copy
Rosie and Zachie
IMG_3206copy
Jay
IMG_3209copy
Like Mexico, he LOVED the sand and water. Even better this time now that he's running.
IMG_3140copy

IMG_3145copy
Cal
IMG_3176copy

IMG_3136copy

IMG_3055copy
Daddy and his boy.
IMG_3031copy

Pete
IMG_3111copy
This is definately my favorite picture!
IMG_2774copy2
More of the huge trees.
IMG_2764copy
Showing us the ocean.
IMG_2746copy
Waimea early one morning. Great, isn't it?
IMG_2504copy

IMG_2498copy

The wild waves of Waimea later with everyone. I wasn't brave enough to venture into these (most everyone else is somewhere in that wave). It's hard to tell, but they were HUGE.

Oahu little camera 048


Thankfully, Zach was a good sport and flexible about naps. Here he is in the car.

IMG_2936copy

And even in the sea of pareos on the beach.

Oahu little camera 040

Lovin' the beach

Oahu little camera 033


Oahu little camera 028


Oahu little camera 020

12 comments:

Haley Poulos said...

Yay!

Now I can stop my twice-daily stalking of your blog... well, now I'll have to stop in twice a day to look at them again! You know, next time you go, you should pack along an official babysitter so you can have a little "Em and Cal" time whenever you want it... I think I know someone... ; )

Anonymous said...

What great documentation of our trip! I might have to steal that one of Jay and me. Thanks for capturing the fun. It looks even better in photographs!

Anonymous said...

The colors are so vivid; the pictures are a pleasure to consider.

Alycia said...

great pictures, Em. It looks like you had a GREAT time!

The Taylors said...

Brodie, I think you're dad is never going to change. Looks the same as always. Those pics of the beach make me very jealous. . .

papa mundo said...

It looks like such fun. I think Zach looks right at home by the water, wonder where he got that. Nice photos.

Joe said...

So, are you carrying a beach umbrella? Or what? Because it's huge.

Katie said...

Those little swim trunks are ADORABLE.


That's my kind of shade umbrella!

Anonymous said...

Emily these pictures are absolutely terrific! (As usual) Thanks for posting them.
Calli

Kristen said...

Gorgeous! I want to go back. You know I heard a saying that the locals say when we were there, "It never rains in Waikiki." Which must be true, because we were there the same week and we only got "mists". But, your beach looks EMPTY. Waikiki is a bit "busy".

What a nice family trip and great photos!

Natalee said...

Take me to Hawaii. We have the nice weather here, but no beach. Great pics.

Please Pass the Green said...

Looks so fun! And great pictures!