Friday, January 30, 2009

A trip to Utah

A couple of weeks ago we finally made it to Utah for a long weekend to visit family and friends. It had been almost 2 years! We had been meaning to get out there for some time so when we saw a great deal on tickets, we couldn't resist. We crammed in seeing as many people as we could and it was SO wonderful to see everyone!
A few of the wonderful people we got to visit:



My Grandma Whitby, who hadn't met Zachie yet.



Zach and my other Grandma and Karl, at a restaurant (The Brick Oven, a Roper familiy tradition! Mmmm).
Nice and snuggly, huh?


We stayed with our friends Aaron and Amy (thank you!!!!) and their little girl Emma. Unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures of them together and this was as good as I got. By the end of the weekend they were really buddies and would hold each other's hands and pull each other around. It was SO cute and made me wish even more that we lived closer!
We met my dear friend from BYU, Katie at temple square. It sounded like a good idea that we could walk around and Zach could play outside for awhile, and I wanted to take pictures of the temple (where we were married and I don't have any good pics of it). BUT it was FREEZING!!! So we walked around a little, then decided we needed hot chocolate and headed to where the mall apparently used to be, but is no longer. We found some eventually... It was so great to see her!!
Zach was sure the reflecting pool was a swimming pool, despite the cold.

Me and Katie.

Of course, a family shot.

Hopefully it won't be another 2 years before we see everyone again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Generation 3 of Gabbart/Smith friendship begins...

Haley Poulos said...

Remember when I came out there with your parents to visit you? We went to the Brick Oven, and I have some CRAZY pictures of us at your grandparents' house, dressed up in... funny glasses and water bottles? I need to scan that picture and blog it!

And what's that tree's name at your grandparents' house? I know it has a name....