Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One Week

Hard to believe that a week ago I was snoozing in a hospital bed with little Austin in the nursery, getting wheeled in to me to eat every few hours. And now here I sit, updating our blog at midnight. Sleep deprived and in love with our new little guy. At the moment he is peaceful in the swing next to me, seemingly the only thing to soothe him tonight. It is a wild ride to have 2 little boys. Oh how I love them! Zach is doing pretty well with the transition. He loves Austin and always wants to hold his hand, kiss his head, hold him, and help me. Of course, he is an energetic 2 1/2 year old boy who is used to my full attention, so he has his moments. The true test will be this week, as Cal is now back at work. I feel lucky to have so much help around. Anyways, I think that's enough talk (because who knows if this will make any sense tomorrow), and post some pictures. Here goes.
Big brother
Proof he has a little hair

Daddy
Mommy

Going home



First family photo
First photo shoot





7 comments:

Liana Brown said...

Im sure getting used to 2 boys is an adjustment! But Im sure your doing great!!! Your such a great mom!! Little Austin is so precious and Zach looks like the cutest big brother!! Can't wait to meet your family this fall!!! Love you, good luck!!! Oh and great pictures of the little guy!

Peter said...

Newborns are so tiny! Baby A looks good though. Especially the picture in the knit cap showing his dark eyes. Blue-grey?

Alycia said...

love the pictures. you look great, like always! hang in there and sleep when you can! love ya

Rosie + Jay said...

The most precious bundle of baby. Love the photos. Thanks for posting them!

Please Pass the Green said...

You're amazing, Em. Keep hanging in there and loving that new baby. I love the last picture with his eyes wide open. So cute. I'm glad Calvin could take a week off to be home with you guys.

cynthia said...

I love your "mommy" picture, you look amazing! (No fair!) Love the photo shoot. He looks like a fun one already :)

Katie Gabbart said...

Emily he is gorgeous! I can't wait to see him in real life. Also, I was doing a little snooping around other blogs and I found a comment that you might decide to go to Peter's graduation. If that is the case I am going to put in my plea for your to come to Reno as well! I love reading your blog. It makes me want to be a better person. Congratulations on your lovely little boy.