Preschool ended right before we went to Mexico. I had my last turn teaching when Cal was in Peru. I got to teach about space which was really fun. We had a great experience with home preschool this time and I'm so grateful that we had good friends to do it with. I'm glad I got to keep Zach that much closer for this last year. The kids were darling.
Zach and Kira painting Jupiters.
(these are all pictures from my phone)
They always loved to dance to the music that comes with the curriculum. This song they are supposed to dance slow when the music is slow and fast when it is fast. They would really scream loud and just loved it.
For our last day of preschool we celebrated by going to the local firestation for a tour and then went to a park for popsicles and play time.
The kids were so excited, but once we got there they were the quietest we'd ever seen them! They were so shy! Here they are in the ambulance. I was the only parent in there because Austin really wanted to get in, but not without me. They also got to climb in a firetruck and watch a fireman slide down the pole.
I love this picture of Zach! His eyes are just twinkling with joy. Not to mention Raquelle in the background. So cute!
One of the firemen dressed up in all of his gear for the kids and had them approach him. It had never occured to me before that kids would be scared of a firefighter, but it would be scary to see him in your house in the middle of the night as a kid if there was a fire... He told them about how they were supposed to go to the firemen if that ever happened, and that now they knew it was just a normal person in all that gear. The firemen were super nice and the kids were in heaven.






1 comment:
What a cool learning experience. I had never thought about a fireman looking scary before, but it makes total sense.
Post a Comment